Wednesday, April 23, 2008

But can we still make coffee???

Our hot water heater died yesterday. It was (apparently) a quick death...and it happened while I was in the shower...so I'd like to say that I was "there" when it happened. Of course I was trying to rush a shower in with the 50 million other things that I had to do before my Little Guy's baseball game last night...although the ice cold water really did help to hurry me along;) So now I've been thinking (whilst waiting for the new hot water heater & install person to arrive) that I really take things like hot water for granted... In my panicked, cold shower induced frenzy of shrieking at my husband, the kids, the dog & the local home improvement store customer service rep, I realized just how dependent I am on all of my gadgets, big & small, "working" properly. I expect the coffee (timer) to be ready when I wake up (alarm clock) in the morning, need the stove (electric) to cook the oatmeal, heat or air-conditioner (gas) making the room "room temperature"....you see where I'm going with this? Think about all the thing that you do during the day and how many times you just push a button, hit a switch, turn a key...and something starts... And my computer is probably the most important of all...I rely on my computer for the never ending email that keeps me connected to everyone, everywhere... The baseball coach, soccer coach, dancing school teacher all contact me via email... My friends, family, insurance company and doctor's office, the vet, the school and even my church!! Not to mention...I can find out which Dancing with the Stars star went home last night with a click of the mouse... Ok...so I guess I really should have some perspective here. Yes, we have no hot water... so...until the repairman comes...no shower, no cleaning, no running the dishwasher... but hey, I've got hot coffee and email... I'll be fine...

No comments: